Managing existing parents & guardians
At a glance
A MyEDiary user can have one of five statuses:
- Invited - the user has been sent an invitation email but have not clicked the link in the email.
- Uninvited - the user has not been sent an invitation email.
- Confirmed - the user has clicked the link in the invitation email and has confirmed their account.
- Creating User - the user has clicked the link in the invitation email but has not filled in the required details to confirm their account.
- Rejected - the user has clicked the link in the invitation email but has advised they are not a member of the school.
Inviting Parents & Guardians
All parents & guardians who have not yet been sent an invitation email to the eDiary can be found by clicking the 'Uninvited' tab.
Parents & guardians can be invited to the eDiary individually...
By the year group of their students (this is done in the Students area)...
Or all uninvited parents & guardians can be invited by clicking the 'Quick-invite all Uninvited Parents' button.
Re-inviting parents who have misplaced their original invitation email can be done individually using the option menu as above or can be done in bulk using the filters and bulk action menu:
The students that a parent/guardian is linked to can be seen by clicking the arrow to the left of the parent name.
To link an existing student to a parent, edit the parent then start typing the student's name:
To unlink a student from a parent, click the option menu beside the student then click 'Unlink student'.
To edit or delete an existing parent, click the option menu beside the parent then click the relevant option.