Parent/Guardian eDiary Manual
We invite you to start walking through the electronic student diary software we have created for you. Please read the handbook below for step-by-step instructions on how to execute these tasks.
Task 1: Watch Our Promo Video: https://youtu.be/ExY5mxzprZ4
Task 2: Confirm Your Personal eDiary Account With Us.
Task 3: View Your Child’s Homework Reports.
Task 4: Updating Your Homework Reporting Preferences.
Task 5: Relocating Your eDiary After You’ve Signed Up.
Task 6: Read The Rest Of Your Handbook
Confirm Your Personal eDiary Account With Us
- Find the invitation sent to you from firstname.lastname@example.org and click on the activation link. (If it's in your junk folder, you will have to move it out of there first.)
If you have not received an invitation yet, please request one from your eDiary administrators at the school.
- Click the green button.
- Set up your account by putting in your name and password (and other details as required).
- You should then see the screen below. It will show you a list of your children in the eDiary. Please click “Yes” to confirm your relationship with them.
- After you confirm your relationship with your children, you will be able to view their homework and school events.
Viewing Your Child’s Timetable, School Events and Homework
- After you sign into your eDiary, on your home screen you should see your children listed. Click on the child you wish to view in more detail.
- Once a child is selected their timetable appears with their homework due, overdue, completed and school events listed underneath.
- Any blue linked data can be clicked on for more detail.
NOTE: Your school may select to automatically email you a homework report for your children at 4pm each Friday. You can change the settings of this by going into your account and updating your homework preferences (see next chapters).
Updating Your Homework Reporting Preferences
- You can view a report of your child’s homework by clicking on the Homework Report icon on your Home Page
- To update the frequency of when these homework reports get emailed to you, go back to your home page and click on the “Account Settings” icon.
- Click on the blue link for: “Homework Reporting & Communication Preferences”
- Here you can update the frequency of reporting for each of your children.
Sending a Message to Your Child's Teacher
Your school may have provided you with the ability to send an instant message to your child's teacher.
To send a message, complete the steps below:
- From the home page of your eDiary, click on the Messages icon (please note, if you do not see this icon on your home page it means that your school has disabled the Messages facility).
- Click on the name of the subject concerned (red arrow in the image below) and then the name of the teacher (white arrow in the image below) that you would like to send the message to.
- Type the message you wish to send in the box at the bottom of the page. Please note - the message will be sent to all parents and teacher that are listed next to the words "You are chatting to". Press the green Send button.
- The message will then appear in the top messages area.
- The message will also be sent to the teacher as an email.
Relocating Your eDiary After You’ve Signed Up
To get back to your eDiary anytime from any location simply type in the URL within your invitation email or the one that is posted on your school website.
If you can’t find your school’s eDiary URL anywhere, go to: www.myediary.com.au and click on SIGN IN
What To Do If You Didn’t Receive A Confirmation Email
If you have not received a confirmation email, you can resend it to yourself by completing the following steps. Please note, your email address must already be in the eDiary system to complete the steps below.
- Go to www.myediary.com.au or your eDiary URL we gave you. Click on SIGN IN in top right hand corner of black Menu Bar
- Click on “Didn’t receive confirmation instructions?” and fill the form in & press “Resend confirmation instructions”
- Check your email for the confirmation invitation and click on the link.
- You may need to now go through the sign in process to view your eDiary account.
What To Do If You Forget Your Password
If you forget your password you can resend it to yourself by executing the following steps:
- Go to www.myediary.com.au or the URL we gave you. Click on SIGN IN
- Click on “Forgot Your Password?”
- Enter in the email address you use to log into the eDiary and click 'Send me reset password instructions'
- You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes. Check your email (and Junk Folder) and click on “Change my password” link
- Fill in the form to reset your password. You may need to now go through the sign in process with your new password.
- Avoid signing in continually by checking the "Stay signed-in on this computer"
- Bookmark Your EDiary To quickly get back to it. Look for a “Bookmark This Page Icon”.
- For IPad Users – Press the “+”sign near the url and select “Add to Home Screen. Watch our Youtube Video On This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3yB5cG1LLkk
- For best viewing results use Google Chrome Or Safari as your web browser.
Further Help & Support
You can access a range of video tutorials or FAQ's by clicking on “Help” on your homepage. Or visit http://help.myediary.com.au.
You can reach our Support Help Desk at email@example.com.