Staff eDiary Manual
Welcome to your eDiary.
Read the following manual for step-by-step instructions on how to execute the following tasks:
Task 1: Watch the MyEDiary promo video: https://youtu.be/ExY5mxzprZ4
Task 2: Confirm your personal eDiary account with us.
Task 3: Create a class list and assign non-deleteable homework
Task 4: Invite students to join MyEDiary
Task 5: Relocate your eDiary after you’ve signed up
Confirm Your Personal eDiary Account With Us
- Find the invitation sent to you and click on the activation link. The email will come from the email address email@example.com (If you can't find it, check your junk folder. If it is in there you will need to move it out first).
If you have not received an invitation yet, please request one from your eDiary administrators.
- Click the 'green' button to confirm your relationship with the school.
- Then set up your account by putting in your name, password and other details as necessary. An asterisk next to any field indicates a required field.
- You should then see this screen. This is the "back-end” of your diary. As a Staff Member, you can:
- View your own eDiary
- Add students
- Create/edit your class lists
- Assign homework
- Watch tutorials.
NOTE: Only Staff Administrators can make changes to the diary (such as edit school content pages, art gallery, and school events). If you require these rights to be granted to your account, ask the eDiary Coordinator at your school to assign you rights.
- Click the 'laptop' icon to see the eDiary view.
- You add tasks by simply clicking on the plus icon on the left-hand side bar or double click on any day of the week.
IMPORTANT: You can’t assign homework to students in this way. Homework is managed from the "back-end" of the eDiary.
- This Add Task popup will appear.
- To view school Content Pages click on the 'book' icon in the left-hand side bar.
- To view the school Art Gallery click on the 'camera' icon in the left-hand side bar.
- To view a blank timetable click on the 'timetable' icon in the left-hand side bar.
- To get out of this view and go back to your main menu click on the 'Switch View' icon.
Creating Class Lists – Manually
Before you can assign non-deletable homework to students, you need to create your class lists.
There are two ways to create your class lists, either manually or through uploading a CSV file (which can only be done by an eDiary administrator).
NOTE: Class Lists may have already been created for you as a part of our eDiary customisation/integration service.
- To create a class list go to your home page.
- Click on the 'Class List' icon.
- Click on the 'Add Class Lists' button.
- Start completing the details of your class such as its name, its ID, the date range over which it occurs and the days and times when it occurs (including which cycle, if applicable).
- You can then start typing the teacher and students’ names that are a part of the class. The program will automatically assist you when you start typing a portion of their name or email address.
- If they are not current members of the eDiary you can invite them by clicking on the 'Invite Student' link and MyEDiary will send them an invitation.
How To Assign Non-Deletable Homework To Students
Once you have created your class lists, you can assign these classes homework. This then becomes a NON-DELETABLE entry into their diary. Below are some screen shots to show you how:
- Click on the 'Homework' icon from your homepage.
- Click the green 'Assign Homework' button.
- Select the class list(s) that you wish to assign the homework to. The same homework can be assigned to multiple classes at the same time.
Choose the students that you wish to assign the homework to. You will see each class chosen in the previous step. To reveal the students in each class, click on the class name.
You can choose to have the homework automatically assigned to new students who join the class at a later date by ticking the ‘Assign to new students?’ checkbox.Then click the ‘blue arrow’ to move to the next screen.
- Enter in the relevant details for the homework item.
- You can attach a document to the homework item by clicking on the 'link' icon. Read more about this by clicking here.
From there go to the Upload tab, choose your file and click 'Send it to the Server'. Once the file has been uploaded, click OK.
- Click on the 'blue arrow' to move to the next screen.
- Select a due date for the homework. Click on the 'blue arrow' to move to the next screen.
Check the details for the new homework you are about to assign and choose to either publish now or save as a draft.Homework only appears in students’ eDiaries once it is published. Draft homework cannot be seen by students or parents.
Draft homework will be shown in the 'Drafts' tab and with a small ‘Draft’ label next to the name. You can go back into the homework and publish it at any time. NOTE: Previously published homework cannot be saved as a draft. Only new homework and homework currently saved as a draft.
Relocating Your eDiary After You’ve Signed Up
To get back to your eDiary anytime from any location simply type in the URL of your eDiary OR go to www.myediary.com.au and click on 'Sign In' in the top right-hand corner of the page.
What To Do If You Forget Your Password
If you forget your password you can reset it yourself by completing the following steps.
- From your eDiary Sign In page, click 'Sign In'
- Click on 'Forgot your password?'
- Enter in the email address you use to log into the eDiary and click 'Send me reset password instructions'.
- This will then send an email to your designated email address. Click the 'Change my password' link in the email and you will be able to reset your password.
- Avoid signing in continually by checking the 'Stay signed-in on this computer' on the Sign In page.
- Bookmark your eDiary To quickly get back to it. Look for a 'Bookmark This Page' icon.
- For iPad Users – Press the '+' sign near the URL and select 'Add to Home Screen'.
- For best viewing results use Google Chrome Or Safari as your web browser.
Please refer to our up-to-date copy online.
Further Help and Support
You can access a range of video tutorials or FAQ's by clicking on 'Help' on your homepage.
Or please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org